I have the Bobby Flay meatball recipe ?! What did I do to deserve this?! I think we can all agree, that a good meatball recipe is hard to find- we all want that special secret recipe. (This is why I love Google. Far less secret recipes in the world.) The balance of flavors that this recipe brings is just perfect. You’ll notice there are three types of meat in Bobby Flay’s Meatballs: Ground beef, ground pork, and ground veal. If you’re not a fan, or don’t have access to all three types of meats, you can make some substitutions. You could use all ground beef for example. Or half ground beef, half pork. Or work some ground turkey in the mix. I personally recommend trying the recipe as-is, but you most certainly don’t have to. I also love making Bobby Flay’s homemade tomato sauce. But… I don’t always have time to make homemade sauce. In those cases, I turn to another recipe expert from New York.
New Yorkers know what they’re doing when it comes to food.
I’m lucky that my husband is from Long Island and we get to enjoy the delicious food that NY has to offer every time we visit! That’s why I LOVE Uncle Steve’s NY – their Italian sauce helps really helps me out when I’m pressed for time. (Which is a lot.)They make 3 variations of sauces that are perfect for any Italian creation you create. This time, I went with their tomato basil sauce- and whoa was it good. I mean.. really REALLY good. All of their sauces are. What’s also pretty cool about Uncle Steve’s is that Steve is best known for his role as Bobby Baccalieri on the Sopranos! Which basically mean that anyone who uses his Italian sauce is famous. Which means that I… am famous.
Uncle Steve’s is going to send one of you not one…not two….but THREE 25 oz. jars of their famous Italian NY sauces. One of each delicious variety: Marinara, Tomato Basil, and Arrabiata sauce. In other words, this could be coming for you.
To enter, just leave a comment below, and you’re done!
(Open to residents of the Continental US only) I’ll choose a winner by random using random.org on 2/25 😀 Good Luck/Buona Fortuna! Giveaway closed, congratulations Francine!
Bobby Flay’s Meatball Recipe Serves: 4 servings
- ½ pound ground beef
- ½ pound ground pork *see notes
- ½ pound ground veal *see notes
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped and sautéed
- ¼ cup dry bread crumbs
- ¼ cup finely chopped parsley
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large Spanish onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 (28-ounce) cans plum tomatoes and their juice, pureed in a blender
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 small bunch parsley
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 basil leaves, chiffonade
- Combine all ingredients, (except the oil), in a large bowl until well-combined.
- Heat the oil in a large sautee pan over medium heat and add the meatballs. Let them fry, cooking on each side until lightly browned, but not cooked all the way through. About 10-15 minutes.
- Add the meatballs to tomato sauce and let them simmer on medium low heat for about 45 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the olive oil on medium heat. Add the onions and garlic until they’re softened- about 15 minutes.
- Add the pureed tomatoes and juice, the bay leaf, parsley, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.
- Bring the sauce to a boil, then reduce the heat and let it simmer for about 40 minutes (with the meatballs in there!)
- Remove the bay leaf and parsley prior to serving, and mix in the basil. Serve, and enjoy!
Notes You can substitute the veal and/or pork with ground beef or ground turkey if preferred.