One of Mark’s favorite things is buffalo chicken. He loves it. On a pizza, in a sandwich, by itself…. (And this recipe works perfectly for all of the above). I wanted to make him a little snack last night but wasn’t sure what to do. I landed on this idea and as soon as that buffalo sauce hit the pan, he knew something good was coming for him. He loved that it was crunchy, but still loaded with the taste of buffalo sauce. This is my new favorite way to make buffalo chicken, I have to agree that the crunchiness is very appealing. I JUST tested the leftovers- there wasn’t a lot of leftovers, but enough for me to give you an accurate report 😉 The results were stupendous. They maintained ALL of their crunch and flavor- I’d love to throw those leftovers in a salad or small wrap. It’s terrific served with bleu cheese (you gotta have the bleu cheese…) and celery sticks. I threw in some baby carrots too. Very easy, and very flavorful, and a great appetizer or meal- you could be chowing down on this too in less than 30 minutes!
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup buffalo wing sauce
- 2 teaspoons cayenne
- 1b. Boneless Chicken Breasts, cut into strips ½ inch thick.
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 & ¼ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup Bleu Cheese & Celery Sticks (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Heat the butter, buffalo sauce, and cayenne in a pan on low heat, mix around until combined and add chicken, immersing it in the sauce. I poked a few SMALL holes in the chicken to allow the sauce to get in there
- Let chicken marinade for a few minutes on each side as you perform the next steps. You’ll notice the chicken will start to cook slightly.
- Mix the salt, paprika, and Panko crumbs together. Turn the heat off of the stove and dip the chicken in the breadcrumbs. Make sure each piece is thoroughly covered.
- Line a baking pan with foil and spray with vegetable spray. Place the chicken on it and bake for 8-10 minutes. I turned mine over after about 6 minutes to ensure each side was nice a crispy!
- Serve with Bleu Cheese and Celery if you’d like and ENJOY!
These are also TERRIFIC served in wraps, on pizza, or in salads : ) You can also cut them into smaller pieces and serve them as bites, rather than fingers.